OmniTrader Professional Forum - OmniTrader Pro General Discussion
autotrading with OT17 pro
Location: Valley Center, CA
I'm getting ready to go off the grid for a week, and I really wish I could put all my trading on autopilot. So OT17 and OV and VOSs all came back to me.
It's been a while since I tried automated trading with OT and OPilot using IBGateway. I'm wondering -
1) Does the autotrade feature of OT17 use IBG, or does it use the Garwood server?
2) Has anyone ran OT17 in a VPS and autotraded? Was it a reliable platform?
3) Has OV progressed to the point where I could load my personal strategies on the OV servers and use it to autotrade?
I appreciate all insights. But it will be a week before I read them...
1. Either one. Auto Trade will send orders to whatever broker selection you have set in the broker toolbar.
2. I'm not sure. Maybe other customers can answer that have done this. Though we've made improvements recently to Auto Trade to help with stability.
3. Actually yes, we did finalize & release the capability to upload OmniTrader strategies to OV. Click here for more information.
Location: Boulder, CO
1) OT2017 can connect to either IBGateway or GXTrader (Garwood server). NOTE: I had some unexplained behavior when using the IBGateway. I believe Barry is still investigating that problem. So, I'd advise using GXTrader, and make sure you have PreRelease 2M installed.
2) I run OT2017 in a VMware VM and also an Amazon Web Server for auto trading. I consider a Virtual Machine to be a more reliable environment than running on a PC where other things are also running.
3) Haven't tried this.